Styling tools- Philips, Shirt- Zara
I get a lot of questions about my hair on all my social media accounts, ranging from hair care to styling, so today, I decided to take care of one of those mane topics! I follow this styling routine twice a week, preferably half a day after I've washed my hair. It's a super easy and quick process that leaves me with frizz free hair and natural looking curls! I use three Philips products step-by-step and they work exceptionally well in unison. It may sound time consuming but it doesn't take longer than 20 minutes and my hair stays like this for close to 2 days with some obvious help from hair spray! I've reviewed each of these stylers in detail before so if you're interested you can read more on the Kerashine Air Straightener, the Glam Styler or even the Selfie Straightener. And once you're done, let's get started!
And that's it! It's a routine I have come up with after several trial and errors but I am so glad that I found it. This may work for you or it may not depending on your hair type and climatic conditions. I live in a humid place and this works rather well so it may work even better if you live in drier climates. All of these Philips tools and extremely easy to use which makes it easier to style my hair at home! And I don't know about you guys but my confidence goes up a notch if I know my hair looks rather perfect. Do try this out and let me know if works for you.
Images by Jaina Kumar
- Start with air dried hair. You could even do this with freshly washed hair but I've found that my hair is less frizzy if I let it air dry first.
- I start by using either the L'oreal Mythic Oil or The Moroccan oil and then using the Philips Air Straightener, I quickly brush my hair in place. This removes whatever little frizz is left in my hair and preps it for the next step. This styler, which looks like an over sized hair brush, is a much convenient way to blow dry and it's definitely a lot less tedious than using the traditional blow drier.
- Next, I grab my Glam Styler. This is the product that helps me achieve, natural looking waves/curls. I have fairly long hair but because of the size of this tool, it helps me wrap my hair around it perfectly and works like a dream.
- I divide my hair into 1.5 inch sections and spray some hair spray on each section before wrapping it around the Glam Styler. This I've noticed, makes the curl more defined and long lasting.
- I avoid curling the front most section of my hair and instead use the Selfie Straightener to causally straighten it into place. This straightener is so tiny and hence you can use it on precise sections to create the desired effect.
- Once I'm done, I quickly run the Smoothening cream from Bedhead by Tigi through the bottom half of my hair.
Images by Jaina Kumar