It's the weekend before Valentine's Day- your one and only chance to prepare for the day if you haven't already! So this weekend when you head out, these ideas may help you plan a perfect day for your loved one! I am not someone who believes in celebrating love on one specific day but I love receiving gifts! I guess this is what co-existence is all about.
1) Conventional- See as much as flowers and macaroons are over hyped, we always get excited on seeing a cute box of macaroons or lovely flowers by our side. So really, if you found a little time and made this effort, we for sure will appreciate it.
(Where do I get this? - Ferns & Petals make arrangements that would touch any girl’s heart and for macaroons and cupcakes Le 15 at Palladium is my favourite.)
2) Skincare products- We love indulging in skincare products. We love smelling girly and fresh. So a gift set from The Body Shop or an aroma therapy kit from Omved, would always brighten our day. And once we are happier you’ll automatically feel happier. So it’s literally something you’re doing for yourself.
(Where do I get this? - You could try any Body Shop counter around the city. Lush at Phoenix is also a good alternative.)
3) A Watch- This is something that would be a splurge item. So I’d suggest, be very sure of what she wants. You could always check out various brands- depending on how much you’d like to spend. Some of the good options are Diesel, Michael Kors, Titan, etc.
(Where do I get this? - Any Shopper’s Stop, Pantaloons, Lifestyle outlet would be a good option. The Collective is also a good option for higher end watches.)
4) Makeup- Now this is a tricky gift yet something that will be treasured. Women love makeup and sometimes it becomes difficult for us to allocate money towards it in between the shoes, clothes, etc. You know how it is. So indulging in a little high end makeup will always brighten our day. Personally I would love to receive anything from Chanel’s new spring 2012 collection. But if you don’t know what your girl wants, just get her a gift card or take her shopping for makeup. She’ll love it. And don’t worry we won’t take it the wrong way. We know we are pretty with or without makeup.
(Where do I get this? - Step into your closest Mall and you’ll find a million options.)
5) Accessories- This is a wide category. Anything from shoes, bags to statement jewellery would come under this. We can never have enough shoes or bags even if we don’t have place to store them. No really. So if you have this in mind, it’s a wonderful idea and you can never go wrong with this. Did I mention never?
(Where to get this- For shoes and bags check out Zara, Steve Madden, and Aldo. They you might find a good deal in their sale section. For jewellery check out www.fashionatclick.com or any Accessorize outlet.)
1) A massage- Most of our men lead such busy and hectic lives that they can barely make time for us, forget spending some on themselves. So this is your turn to give them a chance to spend some time with themselves, relaxing and feeling rejuvenated. A good foot massage or a back massage is always a good option. Get them a voucher from a good spa and let them relax over the weekend. You could also book yourself a couple’s spa.
(Where do I get this? – Some good spa’s off the top of my head would be Myrah, Thai Aroma Therapy, Aura, etc. You could also get some good deals off snapdeal.com)
2) Skin care- Your man may or may not agree but men love taking care of their skin as much as we do. They won’t obviously indulge in it themselves, so this is where we, like in every other aspect of life tell them what’s good for them. A good set of products, like a face scrub, a lotion, a nice face wash, a toner packed all together in a cute basket would be a well appreciated gift. A good perfume may also do the trick.
(Where do I get this? –For Skincare- Kiehl’s, The Body Shop, Forest Essentials are good places to pick up these items individually. Some of them also have great gift sets. The Body Shop also has discounts going on. You could find perfumes at any Pantaloons or Lifestyle outlet near you!)
3) Shoes- Men love shoes as much as we do. They may not own as many as us( they really can’t beat us in that department) but they do love having a decent collection. So adding to this would only make them happier. For this I would suggest you take your man with you and let him pick the one he likes the most, unless you know him better than he does, which will be the case for most.
(Where do I get this? – Zara, Diesel, Nike, Puma are some good options.)
4) A good meal- The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach is really not just a saying. It’s been proven right at various times. A good meal is something a man would always appreciate. It may not be expensive but a nice place with good food would be a win win for both of you.
(Where to go? - This would mainly depend on the kind of cuisine you’d want to have. Just log on to zomato.com and book yourself a table before they stop taking reservations.)
5) Accessories- Now here is the option of getting him a nice wallet, a sturdy belt or even a watch. Figure out what he wants/needs the most. You can never go wrong with any one of these things. He will definitely appreciate it and treasure it while it lasts!
(Where do I get this? - Hidesign, The Collective, are some good options.)
Hope this helps! Happy planning and have a good weekend! And for the single ladies, make yourself feel loved by indulging in something that you've been wanting to for a while now! Nothing feels better than a little self-indulgence.